A value I see to be prominent in my field study is kindness. The school awards students for acts of kindness on a weekly basis and acknowledges them by posting pictures in the hall and giving out coupons to the school store. This encourages the students to help a friend or a teacher through actions or words whenever they get the chance. They also do donations to local and global organizations often. Whenever I walk into the school I always see flyers and buckets for donations. These have included money, clothes, food and more. I can connect these acts of kindness and giving to Kahne and Westheimer. Those authors emphasize how small actions can make big differences and also that it is never too early to enforce this in our youth. By doing this kids develop an appreciation for helping the less fortunate and even people who just need a lending hand.
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vQmHytMTJ1y2Ds77Buv3lVSKi3OLrUgIUmySJLrCQbIuujClmAgXYZDx100Q-6u8vAt8e2oOom3lHjg/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=20000


I like what the school is doing and it is a great learning skill for the children and great for those in need.
ReplyDelete